When: 13th May
Where: FMI, 326 hall
Title: Eclipse 4 and beyond
Abstract: The session will be a transitioning guide between the Eclipse 3 and Eclipse 4 worlds and beyond with the following agenda:
– Introduction to Eclipse 4
– Migrating from Eclipse 3.x to Eclipse 4
– Demo how to setup a maven tycho build with SWTBot UI testing for an Eclipse application
– Introduction into the new Gradle build tooling for Eclipse
– New features of the coming Mars release
– Make Eclipse better yourself by contributing
Speaker: Simon Scholz
Simon Scholz works for the vogella company in Hamburg, Germany.
He is a developer for the Eclipse-Platform and PDE and an Eclipse 4 committer with several years of experience in Eclipse-RCP and Plug-in development. His main tasks are expert consulting for Eclipse 3.x, E4 and other Eclipse technologies,advanced customer implementations and to train customers concerning Eclipse RCP.